What is CYBER RANGES?
The CyberStars competition is run on the CYBER RANGES Platform. Participants registering for a CyberStars competition are also automatically registered onto the Cyber Range platform.
CYBER RANGES provides a state-of-the-art environment for individuals and organizations to practice cybersecurity skills in a fun and challenging way.
The design of the CYBER RANGES combines gamification principles with interactive challenges to test cybersecurity competence across a wide range of domains, either individually or in a team against others.
CYBER RANGES offers the following features:
- Pre-built scenarios with virtual machines across different cybersecurity domains
- Scalable to 1000s of participants to support complex scenarios and national events
- Ability to create custom scenarios and virtual environments
- Individual and team-based scenarios
- Create a cyber event in just a few minutes and a few mouse clicks
Using CYBER RANGES has the following benefits:
- Enabling an organization to develop and test the cybersecurity competences of its staff
- Running Capture the Flag (CTF) events, challenges and cybersecurity competitions
- Ease of use without the need to download, install and configure virtual machines.
CYBER RANGES contains a number of cybersecurity scenarios ranging from ethical hacking assignments to systems and infrastructure protection and incident response and investigations. Each scenario includes clear objectives and challenges and pre-build environments emulating real systems, applications and networks.
CYBER RANGES is currently used by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) to deliver national and international cyber drill around the world to CERT teams.